When it comes to increasing the storage capacity of your vehicle, few things are as practical as a rooftop cargo box. Rooftop cargo boxes can store a wide variety of items, from camping gear to luggage.
And they can be used on just about any vehicle, regardless of its size or type. So what is the largest rooftop cargo box? What are some of the best features to look for? Let's find out.
The Modula Racks Travel Twin roof box is the largest Roof Cargo Box in the market, with 23 Cubic Feet/650 Litre.
It comes with 5 Year Warranty, Patented Quick Release Tool-Free Leg, Dual Side Opening, 3 Point Central Locking System, and Fits most factory and aftermarket roof-rack cross-bars. Including Modula, Rhino-Rack, Yakima, Thule, and Sport-Rack. you can see their current prices by clicking here
Bellow in this article I'll provide a few more options for you to choose from. So, let’s dive right into it!
Other Options for Largest Roof Cargo Boxes?
Other great options are The Thule Force roof box and the Thule Motion roof box are Thule's biggest roof boxes, with 22 cubic feet. These boxes are aerodynamic and can carry up to 165 pounds of stuff, offering the greatest features and design available.
you can see their current prices by clicking here
Along with the superior holding capacity, other features of these two carriers make them ideal for long road trips and adventures. It is hard to say which one is the best. So, that’s best left to your judgment.
If you're looking for a rooftop cargo box with a little more style, the Yakima SkyBox Pro is a great option. This box is available in a variety of sizes and colors, so you can find one that matches your vehicle's aesthetic.
The SkyBox Pro also features durable construction, making it ideal for storing larger items. And like the Xsporter Pro, the SkyBox Pro features a quick-release system for easy access to your gear. you can see their current prices by clicking here
Comparison Of Different Largest Roof Cargo Boxes
22 cu. ft.
84.5 x 36 x 17 in.
5-7 pair skis
Thule Force XT
22 cu. ft.
74.8 x 33 x 18 in.
5-7 pair siks
Modula Racks Travel
23 cu. ft.
92.5 x 35.4 x 18.5 in
5-7 pair skis
21 cu. ft
92 x 36 x 18 in
5-7 pair skis
What is the Largest Rooftop Cargo Bag
I researched to see if there's anything large but cheap. Instead of using a hard-shell cargo box, you might consider roof cargo bags; they come in various sizes and materials.
The largest rooftop cargo bag on the market is 21 cubic feet (600 liters), and it fits All Vehicles and SUVs. You can use it with or Without a Rack; and it comes with a Zipper anti-tear.
Bellow, I'll go over some largest roof cargo bags. in the market today, so keep reading.
1. Ventoos 21 Cubic Feet Car Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bag
The Ventoos 21 Cubic Feet Car Rooftop Cargo Carrier is the largest rooftop cargo carrier you can find on the market at an affordable price. This is one huge cargo box that suits all kinds of sport-utility-vehicles. Moreover, it is incredibly lightweight, which makes it easy to handle for virtually anyone without the assistance of others.
This cargo carrier bag has an enormous 21 cubic feet of space. It is more than four feet in length and around three feet in width. The carrier is 17 inches in height. This superior volume makes it an ideal cargo carrier for large families. You can easily fit luggage worth six people in this box.
In addition, the extreme impact-resistant fabric makes it the perfect bag to carry your luggage in any climate or natural condition. Raging rays of the sun, pouring heavy rain, and wild hurricane winds, nothing can leave a scratch on your luggage with this cargo carrier. You can see their current prices by clicking here.
- Brand: Ventoos
- Color: Orange or Blue (With an overall Black design)
- Capacity: 21 cubic feet
- Installation: Strap
- Compatibility: All vehicle SUV (with or without rack)
- Huge holding capacity at a low price: The Ventoos Rooftop Bag provides a space of 21 cubic feet which is quickly sufficient for a large family of five to six members. Meanwhile, the price is lower than a hundred dollars. This is a big win for the customer.
- Superior impact-resistant material: This Cargo Carrier bag has three high-density 700D PVC fabric layers. Whereas most other rooftop bags use a 500D PVC fabric. The Ventoos bag fabric is 1.5 times stronger than that. This gives it resistance against natural impacts such as rain, snow, wind, grit, dust, sunlight, and others.
- Easy and better installation: The bag weighs only 11.39 pounds despite its large size. Because of its lightweight, the box can be easily mounted and dismounted from your vehicle. Moreover, the straps that secure the carriers to your car are doubly reinforced. The seams of the straps are heat welded. So, you don't have to worry about tearing.
- Lower price but superior capacity.
- High-quality, durable, impact-resistant material.
- Lightweight permits easy mounting.
- Watertight zipper.
- Storage is easy because it is a soft bag.
- Fewer design options.
- Access to cargo is limited.
2. MIDABAO 20 Cubic Waterproof Duty Car Roof Top Carrier
Another giant cargo box is the MIDABAO 20 cubic Waterproof Duty Car Rooftop Carrier on amazon. This is also a carrier for just under a hundred dollars that gives you a lot of space. This is a great cargo softbox when going on long road trips or vacations to adventure spots. It can easily hold cargo worth four to five people.
The carrier is made from superior sturdy material. This keeps your cargo safe in all kinds of extreme natural conditions. Plus, the carrier weighs only 8.8 pounds. So, you can easily mount it without any assistance. In addition, the carrier's design is more convenient than most cargo boxes on the market. You can see their current prices by clicking here.
- Brand: MIDABAO
- Color: Black
- Capacity: 20 cubic feet
- Installation: Straps
- Compatibility: Almost all cars, regardless of roof racks
- Better mounting: Given the bag is extremely lightweight, it is straightforward to mount. It has six short tie straps and two long straps. Therefore, you can easily tie the carrier to your car roof in minutes. Moreover, the more significant number of straps makes your cargo more secure and stable on your car roof.
- Waterproof in and out: The bag is coated with superior PVC material on the outside and on the inside. As a result, it is more effective at water resistance than most other carriers. As a result, your luggage will never get damped or soaked, no matter how much rain and wind you have to drive through.
- Easy to store: Unlike most cargo bags on the market, the MIDBAO 20 Cubic Cargo Carrier does not have a stiff inner lining. Therefore, you can easily store it in your garage without compromising valuable space.
- Waterproofed in and out.
- Has several strong straps.
- Do not have a stiff inner lining.
- Soft material makes the carrier feel flimsy.
- Not a lot of design options available.
3. Fivklemnz Car Roof Bag Cargo Carrier
Fivklemnz is a famous brand for rooftop cargo carriers. This cargo carrier has 15 cubic feet of space. The bag uses eight reinforced adjustable straps to keep it firmly secure in its place. As a result, you can drive on rough rocky roads without worrying that your cargo carrier might come off the roof.
This cargo carrier can fit on top of most cars, trucks, and sports vehicles. You can easily strap it to your roof rails. Of course, if your car has roof racks instead of roof rails, that's fine too. Use four-door hooks to install it on the rack within minutes.
Finally, the product comes with a full refund or replacement guarantee. The company's customer service is present online 24 hours a. The money-back-guarantee is valid for thirty days. You can see their current prices by clicking here.
4. MeeFar Car Roof Bag Rooftop top Cargo Carrier Bag
The MeeFar Car Roof Bag can easily hold luggage for three to four persons. You can easily fit four to six suitcases, several tents, and sleeping bags into its 15 cubic-foot space. The installation is straightforward and takes only minutes.
The material is superior to 600D PVC tarpaulin. This makes it resistant to all kinds of impacts and natural offenses. In addition, the bag comes with an anti-slip mat for better security. There is also a luggage lock, six security hooks, and one storage box. You can see their current prices by clicking here.
5. RoofPax Car Roof Bag & Rooftop Cargo Carrier
The Roofpax Car Roof Bag has a capacity of 15 cubic feet. Roofpax takes pride in that this bag is built to be as safe as possible. These straps aren't meant to be worn indoors. As a result, in an accident, they will not interfere with airbags.
Military-grade materials have been used to build the carrier. A protective mat is included with the Roofpax roof bag. Use plastic straps; the straps always hold their place.
The brand has added ten sturdy tie-down straps to the carrier to improve its security features. NIFCO buckles and double strap coverings are on all of the straps. There are eight Velcro stripes on the inside of the covers as well.
The Roofpax bag works with any car. Your vehicle might or might not have roof rails, roof racks, side rails, etc. The bag fits all of these. If the car's roof has no mounting points, you can still use the door hook straps to safely and firmly install the carrier on your car's rooftop. You can see their current prices by clicking here.
Cargo Box vs. Bag: Which Is Best?
So now, as you can see, there are many options for finding the largest roof cargo box. Still, there are also good options for roof bags, so which one you should get depends on your needs.
If you need a lot of space, go with the roof box, but if you don't need as much space. You want something a little more manageable than one of the roof bags, so it really comes down to what you need and what's going to work best for you. I wrote a whole article comparing roof boxes to roof bags, so I'd recommend checking it out here.
When balancing the budget, material quality, safety, and holding capacity, the largest rooftop cargo carriers mentioned above are the best choice.
Your work is more than halfway complete after going through this discussion. Now just pick the one you like and embark on that adventure.
Last update on 2023-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API