Volvo V90 Roof Box– Reviews and Comparison
The roof box is a must-have for any campers, travelers, or golfers. For some, the best Volvo V90 roof box can mean the difference between a comfortable and safe trip and one that's full of anxiety and worry.
That's why we've compiled reviews on all the top brands to help you find your perfect match!
The Volvo V90 is one of the best all-around cars on the market, and as such, it's no surprise that its roof box is just as great.
But which one to choose? There are so many options out there and you don't want to end up with a dud! That's why we've put together this review and comparison for your convenience, Read on to find out what makes our pick.
Best Volvo V90 Roof Box: Comparison
Best Volvo V90 Roof Box: A Review
1. Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo
Suitable for skiers, snowboarders and families, Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier is designed to provide 18 cubic feet of additional packing space.
Quick-mount system can be installed with a one-person push with Vibration dampening pads and an integrated anti-sway cage for reduced noise and contained items.
Roof box features side opening providing easy access from either side of the car. For maximum cargo management.
Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier includes straps that secure gear in place inside enclosure.
With Load capacity 165 pounds, quick installation process and dual-side opening for easy loading from either side of the vehicle, you’ll find this roofbox will make your family trips more enjoyable wherever
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. The Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box is great for transporting large items with maximum space efficiency.
With its quick-mount system, this cargo box attaches to your vehicle in seconds and provides you with 11 cu ft of storage space, L 16 Cu Ft if you buy the bigger model! The high performance roof box seamlessly integrates into your vehicle while providing full trunk access.
Once installed, relax knowing that there is no contact against your car (or truck!) The exterior dimensions are 90.5 x 35.5 x 18.5 inches and the interior dimensions are 85.5 x 31 x 16.75 inches so it fits 5-7 pairs of skis or 3-5 snowboards up to 215 cm long see full review
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
3. Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box
This awesome rooftop cargo box provides an 8 cubic ft. of extra storage space! It's great for stashing things like groceries, sporting equipment, winter clothing, and more.
The Thule Vector is perfect for those who need easy access to the roof on their vehicle--just a few steps up and you're there! This popular automotive carry-all comes with an soft case that features locking protection from rain or dust.
Now you can take everything you've ever wanted to your car roof with just one pull of the trigger thanks to this outstanding accessory by Thule.
Modeled after our industry-leading truck racks but scaled down for the suited needs of SUVs, this rooftop cargo.
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
4. The Thule Pulse Rooftop Cargo Box
You’re off to adventure in a new country, and you wanted the experience of open air. It doesn’t hurt that they only charge for luggage as long as it fits under your seat right? Well they don't need to know what you're packing!
The Thule Pulse Rooftop Cargo Box is here aide on those trips where you want just one more day pre-planning!
This rooftop cargo box has many exciting features: not only does its rugged design keep contents protected from rain or dirt without having to be inside the vehicle; but installation is fast and easy with the patented quick mount system.
And we haven't even mentioned all this space - 11 cu ft for small bags, 14 cu ft when. see full review
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 11 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
5. SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box
The SportRack SR7018 Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box is lightweight and aerodynamic, with a spacious 18 cubic foot storage space for gear.
Durable ABS plastic construction makes the box resistant to impact strikes while providing maximum protection from UV rays, and there's no installation or removal required, just mount it on your roof rack by connecting its U-bolts!
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
Volvo V90 Roof Box Advice
- Under no circumstances must the maximum permitted roof load and total weight of the car be exceeded (see the car’s owner’s manual). Maximum permitted roof load is based on the total of the load carriers’ own weight, accessories and load.
- Distribute the load evenly over the loading surface, with as low a Centre of gravity as possible, and secure it so that it cannot come loose.
- Do not secure load carriers at the plastic feet of the rails.
- Check the position and securement of the load at regular intervals.
- Check the screw joints and mountings after a short distance. If necessary, tighten to the torque prescribed. Check at regular intervals.
- The driving characteristics and the vehicle’s sensitivity to side winds are changed by loads on the roof. Adapt the speed to the vehicle’s load (max. 130 km/h/80 mph). The applicable speed limits and other traffic regulations must always be observed.
- For the safety of other road users and to save energy, the load carriers should be removed when not in use.
Volvo V90 Roof Box INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
This cargo carrier has a sleek and aerodynamic design that will look great on your vehicle, as well as all of the features you need to haul everything from skis and snowboards in winter to furniture or garden supplies throughout spring and summer.
If you're looking for something with even more space, take a look at the SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box.
It's a little pricier because it offers up to 18 cubic feet of storage capacity, but if you want total peace of mind while hauling large items around town then this may be worth every penny! For those who are shopping on a budget.
Last update on 2022-06-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API