Volvo V90 Cross Country Roof Box– Reviews and Comparison
This blog post will review the best Volvo V90 Cross Country roof box, with a complete guide to what you need to know before making your purchase.
I’ve also included reviews for various alternative models as well as some personal recommendations on which one is right for you.
These roof boxes can carry up to 165 liters of gear, and it has a weatherproof design that helps protect your belongings from rain, snow and other elements. It's also compact enough that you'll barely know it's there.
Do you want to find out more? Read our post now!
Best Volvo V90 Cross Country Roof Box: Comparison
Best Volvo V90 Cross Country Roof Box: Review
1. Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
The Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier is perfect for any adventure addicts looking to add more space and weight capacity above their car.
With an easy click mounting system, it's designed to be aerodynamic on the roof of your vehicle (+30% fuel efficiency!) so you won't be driving around with a mysterious box atop your windshield.
It also provides 165 pounds of weight capacity, no breaking furniture in transit!
Thule products are not just beautiful inside; they're beautiful outside too.
The rattle-free design reduces noise when driving down the highway and skis can rest comfortably along one side without worry that our product will rub against them they'll stay perfectly insulated all winter long. see full review
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box
Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box, You’ve got all your gear for the day packed in and strapped down towards the back of the vehicle,skis on one side, rack on another.
Now imagine having an additional 180 liters to pack up any items that aren’t meant to go flying over the mountain roads or terrain.
The Thule Force XT is designed firstly with versatility in mind by maximizing compartment space while reducing weight through their patented Quick Mount design.
Bringing safety to life with kid freindliness and full access trunk loading, this seamless roof mount cargo box hits at optimal functionality in any situation you find yourself. Pick up your Thule force today! see full review
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use.Closure type :Lock. Shell type : Hard.
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
3. Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box
Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box will be perfect for transporting the essentials this year, from your bases to your boards, no problem!
The Thule Vector is the smartest choice to store all of your cargo on top of your car.
The Vector has an easier installation process, and a higher load capacity than any other box available.
This means that if you like to spend sunny days outdoors with plenty of space for your family's day-to-day needs, then the Vector is perfect for you (and so affordable!). It simply doesn't get better than this folks!
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
4. the Thule Pulse Cargo Box
If you need more space for your most epic adventures, the Thule Pulse Cargo Box is perfect for you.
This rooftop cargo box features a durable design that will make sure that everything inside is safe and sound when traveling. There's a size for every traveler from 11 cubic feet to 16 cubic feet of storage capacity! On top of all this storage space, the easy-mount system assembles in just minutes with no tools required.
Passengers can also open from the side and not feel like they're getting in someone else’s trunk because it opens on company time. So give yourself some breathing room next time you head into uncharted territory and equip your vehicle with a roof box from Thule today!. see full review
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 11 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
5. SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box
The SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box is the perfect solution for hauling big loads in style.
The box comes with a spacious 18 cubic feet of waterproof storage space and stylish angled contours that help it cut quietly through the air when the vehicle is in motion.
Aerodynamic design, UV resistance, and tough ABS plastic construction will keep your goods safe, secure, and dry even on your long-distance car trip or road journey. Get one today!
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
Volvo V90 Cross Country Roof Box Advice
- Under no circumstances must the maximum permitted roof load and total weight of the car be exceeded (see the car’s owner’s manual). Maximum permitted roof load is based on the total of the load carriers’ own weight, accessories and load.
- Distribute the load evenly over the loading surface, with as low a Centre of gravity as possible, and secure it so that it cannot come loose.
- Do not secure load carriers at the plastic feet of the rails.
- Check the position and securement of the load at regular intervals.
- Check the screw joints and mountings after a short distance. If necessary, tighten to the torque prescribed. Check at regular intervals.
- The driving characteristics and the vehicle’s sensitivity to side winds are changed by loads on the roof. Adapt the speed to the vehicle’s load (max. 130 km/h/80 mph). The applicable speed limits and other traffic regulations must always be observed.
- For the safety of other road users and to save energy, the load carriers should be removed when not in use.
Volvo V90 Cross Country Roof Box INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
The Volvo V90 Cross Country roof box is the perfect choice for those looking to take their adventures on the road.
It’s a high-quality product that can carry up to 165 pounds of cargo and has an optional lock system, which helps keep your belongings secure while you are on the road.
If money isn't an issue, but space is at premium then we recommend considering SportRack's Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box instead - with it having higher quality materials than most other boxes in its price range!
Last update on 2023-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API