Volvo S60 Roof Box– Reviews and Comparison
Roof boxes are an essential piece of equipment for anyone who needs more storage space in their car. But what is the best Volvo S60 roof box for your needs?
In this guide, we will review five popular and highly-rated models on Amazon, so that you can make a decision with more information than ever before.
There are many types of roof boxes for your vehicle and this article will help break down which type would be best for your needs.
You can choose from models that attach firmly to your car's chassis or those that install easily onto factory rails. If you plan to tow something behind your
The Thule Motion XT Roof top Cargo Box is the best Volvo S60 roof box for people looking to carry more cargo than just luggage.
The Force XT Roof box, on the other hand, is a great option if you are not carrying too much weight. Both boxes are high-quality and come with a 5 year warranty. Making your choice can be difficult, read our complete guide before making your decision!
Best Volvo S60 Roof Box: Comparison
Best Volvo S60 Roof Box: A Review
1. Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo
Suitable for skiers, snowboarders and families, Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier is designed to provide 18 cubic feet of additional packing space.
Quick-mount system can be installed with a one-person push with Vibration dampening pads and an integrated anti-sway cage for reduced noise and contained items.
Roof box features side opening providing easy access from either side of the car. For maximum cargo management.
Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier includes straps that secure gear in place inside enclosure.
With Load capacity 165 pounds, quick installation process and dual-side opening for easy loading from either side of the vehicle, you’ll find this roofbox will make your family trips more enjoyable wherever
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. The Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box is great for transporting large items with maximum space efficiency.
With its quick-mount system, this cargo box attaches to your vehicle in seconds and provides you with 11 cu ft of storage space, L 16 Cu Ft if you buy the bigger model! The high performance roof box seamlessly integrates into your vehicle while providing full trunk access.
Once installed, relax knowing that there is no contact against your car (or truck!) The exterior dimensions are 90.5 x 35.5 x 18.5 inches and the interior dimensions are 85.5 x 31 x 16.75 inches so it fits 5-7 pairs of skis or 3-5 snowboards up to 215 cm long see full review
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
3. Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box
This awesome rooftop cargo box provides an 8 cubic ft. of extra storage space! It's great for stashing things like groceries, sporting equipment, winter clothing, and more.
The Thule Vector is perfect for those who need easy access to the roof on their vehicle--just a few steps up and you're there! This popular automotive carry-all comes with an soft case that features locking protection from rain or dust.
Now you can take everything you've ever wanted to your car roof with just one pull of the trigger thanks to this outstanding accessory by Thule.
Modeled after our industry-leading truck racks but scaled down for the suited needs of SUVs, this rooftop cargo.
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
4. The Thule Pulse Rooftop Cargo Box
You’re off to adventure in a new country, and you wanted the experience of open air. It doesn’t hurt that they only charge for luggage as long as it fits under your seat right? Well they don't need to know what you're packing!
The Thule Pulse Rooftop Cargo Box is here aide on those trips where you want just one more day pre-planning!
This rooftop cargo box has many exciting features: not only does its rugged design keep contents protected from rain or dirt without having to be inside the vehicle; but installation is fast and easy with the patented quick mount system.
And we haven't even mentioned all this space - 11 cu ft for small bags, 14 cu ft when. see full review
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 11 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
5. SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box
The SportRack SR7018 Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box is lightweight and aerodynamic, with a spacious 18 cubic foot storage space for gear.
Durable ABS plastic construction makes the box resistant to impact strikes while providing maximum protection from UV rays, and there's no installation or removal required, just mount it on your roof rack by connecting its U-bolts!
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
Volvo S60 Roof Box Installing Load Carriers Instructions
- Detach the load carriers’ covers by turning the lock key 90° anticlockwise and pulling off the cover.
- Fold up the cover.
- Undo the screw slightly on both sides of the load carrier’s attaching brace.
- Pull the attaching brace out and fold it up.
- Position one of the load carrier’s feet at the edge of the roof, so that the pin on the attaching brace are in line with the rivet nut in the door frame.
- Carefully lower the other load carrier foot to the edge of the roof on the other side.
- Check that the small radius on the load carrier foot is in contact around the equivalent curvature on the top side of the roof edge.
- Position the attaching brace down against the roof edge.
- Pull the attaching brace out so that the pin is free from the edge of the roof. Undo the screw if necessary.
- Insert the attaching brace so that the pin fits in the rivet nut on the door frame. Adjust the load carrier foot laterally if required.
- Press the attaching brace into the car and loosely tighten its screw so that the pin does not fall out of the rivet nut.
- Check that the load carrier foot is in contact with the edge of the roof.
- Tighten the attaching brace screw to 2 Nm (1.5 lbf.ft.).
- Reinstall the covers on the end faces of the load carriers and turn the lock key 90° clockwise
Volvo S60 Roof Box Load Carriers Safety instructions
- Under no circumstances must the maximum permitted roof load and total weight of the car be exceeded (see the car’s owner’s manual). Maximum permitted roof load is based on the total of the load carriers’ own weight, accessories and load.
- Distribute the load evenly over the loading surface, with as low a Centre of gravity as possible, and secure it so that it cannot come loose.
- Do not secure load carriers at the plastic feet of the rails.
- Check the position and securement of the load at regular intervals.
- Check the screw joints and mountings after a short distance. If necessary, tighten to the torque prescribed. Check at regular intervals.
- The driving characteristics and the vehicle’s sensitivity to side winds are changed by loads on the roof. Adapt the speed to the vehicle’s load (max. 130 km/h/80 mph). The applicable speed limits and other traffic regulations must always be observed.
- For the safety of other road users and to save energy, the load carriers should be removed when not in use.
There are many factors to consider when deciding on the best Volvo S60 roof box for your needs.
If you’re looking for a top-rated cargo storage system that can easily be installed, we recommend the Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box.
This rooftop cargo carrier is designed with safety and durability in mind, as well as ease of use and convenience – it installs quickly without any tools or drilling.
It also includes straps to keep items secure during transit and an integrated lock so you don’t have to worry about theft or vandalism while traveling around town!
Hopefully, you've found what you're looking for! We'll keep searching too and update this article as new products are released or if any other models take over as favorites among customers.
Let us know anytime if you have questions about these choices or want help finding something better suited to meet your needs.
Last update on 2022-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API