When you need to transport cargo, it's important to choose the right box for your vehicle. The Nissan Armada is a large SUV that can handle a lot of weight, but you still need to choose the right cargo box to make sure your items are safe and secure.
In this blog post, I will discuss the different types of cargo boxes available and help you choose the best one for your needs.
Your choice of cargo boxes depends on your needs and the number of items you need to store. All roof boxes listed here have different sizes (measured in cubic feet), with the smallest one being nine cubic feet and the largest, 22 (or more) cubic feet.
It would help to take your time to read through the list to get the perfect rooftop cargo box for your Nissan Armada.
Things to Consider Before Buying Roof Boxes for Nissan Armada
There are many different types of cargo boxes available on the market, but not all of them are created equal.
The first thing you need to consider is the size of your Armada and the amount of cargo you need to transport. If you only need to transport a few small items, then a smaller box might be sufficient. However, if you're transporting larger items or a lot of cargo, then you'll need a larger box.
Another important consideration is the material of the cargo box. The most common materials are plastic and metal, but there are also boxes made from other materials like wood or fiberglass. Each type of material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so you'll need to decide which one is right for you.
Finally, you need to consider the price of the cargo box. The price will vary depending on the size, material, and brand of the box. You should compare prices from different retailers to find the best deal.
How much Nissan Armada Roof Rack Weight Limit?
Nissan factory Roof Rail Crossbars have a maximum weight limit of 100 lb; however, Thule roof racks have a maximum weight of up 165 Ibs and are compatible with your Nisan armada. So the only thing you need to do is ensure the fitment of the dimensions of the crossbars on your vehicle.
Bellow in this article I'll share a few roof boxes for you to choose from. So, let’s dive right into it!
Thule Vector Roof Box
13 cu. ft.
91 x 35 x 12.5 in
4-6 pair skis
Cargo boxes have been around for some time now, and it's an increasingly growing demand, making it more challenging to determine the best cargo box to buy and get your value for money. However, you can trust the Thule brand with their Vector roof box because of their extensive experience producing various vehicle accessories and cargo boxes.
Thule produces hard-shelled, long-lasting cargo boxes that can be easily attached to your Nissan Armada's roof. The roof boxes are designed to resolve various storage requirements making it convenient and easy for you and your family (or friends) to go on road trips. Thule produces a wide range of cargo boxes that fit various types of cargo, including fly rods, deck benches, and snowboards.
The vector boxes accommodate most outdoor equipment and are known for their strength, safety, and sturdiness. The box is designed from five layers of automotive-grade, super-strong acrylic used for moulding applications. The materials are impact resistant and lightweight making them perfect for creating secure cargo boxes. you can see latest price at Amazon here.
- Weight: 59.3 pounds
- Mounting system: PowerClick
- Load capacity 165 pounds
- Volume: 13 cu. Ft.
- Locking system: SideLock
- A strong lid that has a sleek but simple double-sided closing and opening mechanism
- A lid cover that protects from cuts and dirt during storage
- Has a sidelock system designed with separate opening and locking functions, which help to automatically lock the cover in situ, ensuring that the box is securely locked
- Has a double-sided opening for easy access from both sides of your vehicle.
- Has an efficient installation process due to its power click fast-install system. Its torque indicator also clicks when accurately positioned, ensuring a quick and stable fitting.
- Has a Thule box id cover that safeguards the carrier from mud and marks during accommodation
Thule Force XT Cargo Box
Thule Force XT
11, 16, 18, 22 cu. ft.
74.8 x 33 x 18 in.
5-7 pair siks
Thule's Force XT Cargo Box is another good cargo box that you can add to your vehicle if you want loads more space to fit your snowboards, skiing equipment, etc. It's one of the most effective cargo boxes available in the market and comes with a sleek, black design that compliments your Nissan Armada. you can latest price at Amazon here.
- Internal dimensions: 70 by 28.75 by 16.25 inches
- External dimensions: 74.75 by 33 by 18 inches
- Volume: 16 cu ft
- Load capacity 165 pounds
- Thule's Force XT cargo box can store 6 to 8 pairs of skis or 4 to 6 snowboards.
- It has an aerodynamic shape and a diamond texture that covers the lid, helping reduce the amount of drag.
- It's designed with a preinstalled quick-grip installation system that can be mounted on a square and round crossbars. Additionally, You can join most factory racks with a one-handed movement.
- It has a double opening system that allows you to access the contents from both sides of your vehicle.
- It has a locking system designed with an external lock-assist knob that's easy to use. The lock assist knob can only be separated after the cargo box has been properly secured.
Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
Thule 682 Sidekick
8 cu. ft.
54 x 25 x 15.5"
2-4 pair siks
Thule sidekick cargo box is a smaller variant of Thule's cargo boxes with a 75-pound weight limit or even eight cu ft. It's not an ideal solution for individuals with lots of equipment to carry; however, it could still serve you right if you're looking for a few cubic feet of extra storage space to store a few pieces of equipment, i.e., when going fishing.
It's about the same size as the common cargo bag; however, it's weatherproof and designed to keep your property safe. It's also small enough to be stored sufficiently when it's not used. Additionally, it doesn't have any exceptional features like most other cargo boxes; however, it does have some positive qualities that make it worth its price tag. you can see latest price at Amazon here.
- Capacity: 225.5 L or 75 pounds
- Internal dimensions: 48 by 23 by 13.5 inches
- External dimensions: 54 by 25 by 15.5 inches
- Its small size makes it perfect for most vehicles
- It's relatively inexpensive
- It can be easily handled by one person
- You can open it from the passenger side for easy unloading and filling
- It can be easily mounted on the side, leaving more space for other items
- Made from an impact-resistant structure designed to protect your cargo
- It is easy to remove and install
14 cu. ft.
62.5 x 30 x 15 in.
6-8 pair skis
Goplus produces various items, including kitchen appliances, automotive accessories, hardware tools, furniture, outdoor equipment, etc. This cargo box carrier is perfect for individuals that want to increase their cargo space without hurting their pockets. The cargo box is designed from strong PC and ABS plastic elements that make it strong but light enough to be handled by one person.
The goplus cargo box is designed to preserve your property in all conditions. The cargo box's ABS elements make it durable, reliable, and water-resistant, which is good for bad weather conditions. Additionally, the goplus cargo box is quite adaptable and can fit on various rooftops.
The go plus' adaptability makes it perfect for people with various vehicle models, including minivans, coupes, or trucks. This makes it easy for you to share the cargo box with friends if you decide to use a different vehicle. The goplus cargo box has three color designs: titanium, black, and white. Making it easy for buyers to choose colors that match their vehicle. you can see latest price at Amazon here.
- Capacity: 165 pounds or 14 cu ft
- weight: 25 pounds
- Dimensions: 160 by 78.7 by 38.1 cm
- Four quick-connect anchors for easy mounting
- Can be mounted on square and rounded factory bars
- Has super-lock security ensuring that your property remains safe and secure
- Has a dual-opening mechanism that makes the items in the box accessible from either side of the vehicle.
- Has a smooth, aerodynamic design that reduces noise and drag
Menabo diamond cargo box
15, 16, cu. ft
77 x 14 x 31 in
3-5 pair skis
Menabo creates cargo boxes designed to meet the customer's needs, boost the vehicle's appearance, improve the customer's experience, and secure their property. Their products are quite popular and are a mixture of creativity, safety, and perfection. The cargo box is water-resistant and built to last.
You can mount the cargo box by yourself; however, you are advised to get help from family or friends because of its size. The cargo box is simple to control and has a double opening feature to open it from either side of the vehicle. This is quite beneficial when packing or unpacking cargo. you can purchase it at Amazon here.
- Weight: 45.7 pounds
- Dimensions: 64.25 by 35.75 by 14.6 inches
- Capacity: 450L or 15.9 cu ft
- Has a 165-pound maximum capacity
- Has a quick-mount system with a tight grip and is easy to assemble
- Has a secure and lockable dual snap closure mechanism
- Has an easy loading and unloading design since You can open it from both sides
- Can fit all roof carriers
- It's safe
- Has an aerodynamic design that reduces noise and drag
Remember that you can eliminate drag when using a cargo box; however, you can reduce it by choosing a more streamlined cargo box. All cargo boxes featured in this article are aerodynamic, lightweight, and durable, making them perfect for improving steering capabilities and increasing fuel efficiency.
Because of the tool-free mounting and dismounting design, you can easily dismount and store the cargo boxes in your garage when they are not in use. Remember that choosing the perfect cargo box for your Nissan Armada depends on your needs and compatibility as well. We hope you find the cargo box for your vehicle. Have fun!