Mercedes-Benz GLS Roof Box– Reviews and Comparison
You want to be able to hit the road with all your gear in tow, right? Well, you need a roof box that can keep up with your life on the open road.
We've put together an extensive guide of which boxes are worth considering if you're looking for something that will last and provide security without breaking your bank account.
This post includes everything from features and pricing to reviews from other buyers so you can make an educated purchasing decision!
It's time to set out on the open road without having any worries about how much space or what kind of protection you'll need while driving down those dusty back roads.
Best Mercedes-Benz GLS Roof Box: A Comparison
Best Mercedes-Benz GLS Roof Box: A Review
1. Thule Force XT XXL Rooftop Cargo Box
Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box, XX-Large, Black. The market's best car top cargo boxes don't get any better than this! You would be crazy not to invest in a quality product after all the dirty work we had to do on it.
With permanent storage for luggage and easy loading and unloading, you'll never have one of those "expectations vs reality" moments again or give your friends anything else they can tease you about because with Thule products installed properly that is impossible!
Simple installation requires minimal tools including mounting hardware and simple instructions are included so that you're ready to go in no time. see full review
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use.Closure type :Lock. Shell type : Hard.
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
2. The Thule vector rooftop cargo box
Say hello to the new Thule vector rooftop cargo box! The best one around and we don't say that lightly.
It's a little on the pricey side but you can rest assured knowing there is not another option as good as this, sorry if you were looking for cheaper alternatives though.
Personally, my favorite from them is their Hyper XL style (I am honestly surprised they discontinued supplying these considering how great at durable ones like this).
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
3. INNO BRM660WH Wedge Cargo Box
The INNO BRM660WH Wedge Cargo Box is the perfect box for your vehicle. At just 40 pounds, this box installs in seconds utilizing either 2 straps or a single strap to secure it onto the back bumper of your car and can accommodate up to 40 gallons of storage space!
The lightweight and easy installation of these boxes can't be beat. The outer shell is thinner than the Thule box, but it still holds up to its durability requirements. I also like that this product doesn't have a plastic liner on top where you slide your kayak onto the rack - which means less wear for my boat bottom during travel!
- Innovate spm injection molding
- Quick and easy memory mount hardware
- Diffuser design for quieter drive
- Dual side opening
- Durable 3-layer sheet
4. The Goplus Cargo Box
The Goplus rooftop cargo box is the perfect extra storage for goods on the road. With a sturdy, lightweight design and easy mounting options, it's an ideal choice for any traveler who needs to pack their bags tight or haul longer distances.
The clamps are great at holding down bulky possessions with no worries about fluid movement on even surfaces like pavement or smooth concrete. This product will be your new favorite companion when you're driving from point A to point B and back again!
- Perfect for Road Trip---Take the cargo box to the park, the beach, the sports field, or any place you need to store. Works on all vehicles with rack, suitable for cars, vans, SUVs, etc. Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and has less noise.
- 14 Cubic Feet Cargo Box with Car Trunk Organizer---With the large capacity, the roof cargo box can help you securely carry 14 cubic feet worth of essentials, can increase vehicle cargo space without impeding on passenger comfort, more capacity, more pleasure! Included trunk organizer comes with 3 different size compartments, 12 side bags which will help you organize sundries with ease.
- Robust and Security Design---The roof cargo box is designed to withstand heavy use in different types of weather conditions. The metal lid stiffeners at the bottom makes the roof box more stable and safer. With the double-lock design for protecting your valuables.
- 【Note】This product is suitable for vehicles with rack (Compatible with 17” to 22.8” wide rack, the width of the crossbar should be less than 3.1 inches and the thickness should be less than 1.0 inches)
- High Quality Material---The roof box is manufactured from sturdy ABS and PC material for long-lasting use, able to protect your valuables from exposure to the elements and can load 165 lbs capacity, suitable for round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars.
5. SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box
The SportRack Vista XL has a whole lot more space than most cargo carriers and is perfect for weekend trips. The rust-resistant steel construction makes it strong enough to hold really heavy camping gear or kids' bikes, too!
The lock may not stop someone looking to just grab some free items, but the sturdy build can withstand any weight you throw at it - even if that includes your child's big bike when they come visit this summer.
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
the best Mercedes-Benz GLS roof box is going to depend on what you need it for and your budget.
There are so many options available to suit any need and price point. For example, if it doesn't matter how much storage space they have but want something with easy installation and removal we recommend either the SportRack Vista XL or INNO BRM660WH. These two brands offer models in both 2-door hatchback style as well as 4-door wagon styles depending on what type of vehicle you drive!
We hope that this guide has helped clarify some of the differences between these models so that you can make a more informed decision. Remember, choose wisely!
Last update on 2023-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API