Acura Roof Cargo Box – Reviews and Comparison
The Acura cargo roof box is a car roof cargo box that can be installed on the top of your vehicle.
It is designed to protect all of your belongings from dust, dirt, and other elements while you travel.
The design comes with two removable dividers for added storage space or flexibility when carrying bulky items or large cargo like camping gear.
These Roof boxes also have an integrated lockable lid which includes a built-in keyed lock and weather seal to keep out rain, snow, dirt, and debris.
the roof box is a great way to store your cargo, but how do you know if it's the right box for you? The first thing to consider when purchasing a roof box is whether or not your vehicle has a factory-installed crossbar system.
If so, then this is the perfect option. Otherwise, an aftermarket roof rack will need to be purchased and installed on top of your existing car rack.
Another consideration when buying a roof box is its size. there are different sizes: sport, medium, large, etc..
This brings us to the underlying purpose of this article; to help you pick out the best roof box for your needs and to teach you how to install a Acura cargo roof box. This includes considerations for the roof bars, the size/shape of the roof box, weight considerations, capacity, and even locking mechanisms.
Acura Roof Cargo Box: Comparison
take a quick look at my 5 top picks Best Acura roof cargo box:
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
- Innovate spm injection molding
- Quick and easy memory mount hardware
- Diffuser design for quieter drive
- Dual side opening
- Durable 3-layer sheet
- Aerodynamic design to reduce drag with forward mounting hardware for improved hatch clearance making it great for small vehicles
- Perfect for smaller cars, hatchbacks and SUVs; Hauls gear for up to 2 campers
- Quick-dial mounting hardware fits Yakima round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars
- Love it 'Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty
Types of Acura Cargo Roof Boxes:
So, which Acura roof boxes are available—and how do they tie in with the different Acura models? When it comes to choosing roof box for your vehicle (or any car brand) you'll need to make two major decisions:
Acura Roof Cargo Box: Reviews
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
Thule has been making innovative and useful products for years, but its Motion XT is a true standout. This rooftop cargo box features four sizes ranging from 16 to 22 cubic feet (including an “Alpine” version great for low clearances), refined fit and finish, user-friendly installation and operation, as well as competitive pricing that can't be beaten!
If you're in the market for a new rooftop carrier this year or next - there are tons of good options out there on the market right now. That said though our favorite by far is Thule's Motion XT which offers 4 different size ranges up to 22 cu ft., not only does it have all those wonderful things like being easy to use too but also excellent option among them all, it would be Thule Motion XT roof box.
It has an elegant design and performance that is superbly crafted into four different sizes with capacities ranging between 16 - 22 cubic feet and more! And at this price point too? You can't go wrong! and it's conveniently available on amazon. you can see their current prices by clicking here.
2. The SportRack Vista XL
The SportRack Vista XL is a budget-friendly yet high-quality roof box that will allow you to pack up your belongings and get out the door with ease.
Compared to other value-oriented designs, this model has many qualities that make it stand out for its low price tag. Unlike some competitors, such as Thule's Sidekick which requires assembly time before installation on top of being more expensive than average at $1,500 (compared to ~$250), the Sport rack comes preassembled so all you need do is attach it onto your vehicle without any tools necessary!
This sleek-looking design can carry up to 18 cubic feet of cargo and installs in minutes without tools required or assembly needed. It also provides easy access through its lockable lid with manual gas struts while providing water resistance on rainy days thanks to durable polyethylene construction materials. and it's conveniently available on amazon. you can see their current prices by clicking here.
3. Thule 682 Sidekick
The Thule 682 Sidekick is a perfect companion for any person looking to save space on their car. The idea came about when the creators of this product noticed that many people were using roof racks and not using them at all – they just parked their cars outside, in front of stores or offices so it made sense to come up with something smaller than those bulky boxes!
This low-profile box needs only 8 cubic feet which will be able t fit everything you need into your Acura without having too much weight onto the vehicle itself.
Thule's Sidekick is an affordable option for anyone who needs a box to haul things around in. It comes with 8 cubic feet of space, and it has the basic features you need so that you don't have to worry about anything else! and it's conveniently available on amazon. you can see their current prices by clicking here.
4. the INNO BRM665WH Wedge Cargo Box
You’ve got a dilemma with your Aucra. You either have to squeeze everybody inside or ditch some luggage before every trip. But there is another solution…the INNO BRM665WH Wedge Cargo Box! From just a glance, this sleek roof box oozes elegance that perfectly matches any classy Series road machine and even if you own one of the larger models like The MDX series or RDX series it will still fit in nicely without taking up too much space!
There is a new storage gadget available for Acura's. It's aerodynamic to cut down on noise and drag, has a dual-sided opening system that can be locked before pulling the key out of it so you don't lose your keys in there! The capacity is 14 cubic feet with an easy-grip shell that fits like a glove onto most models.
Best of all? This thing won’t break the bank because everyone deserves to have some extra space crammed into their car--especially if they are constantly driving around town or going back and forth between home and work often as well as taking long trips across state lines during holidays, and it's conveniently available on amazon. you can see their current prices by clicking here.
5. The Yakima RocketBox Pro
The Yakima RocketBox Pro is an easy to use roof box with more than enough storage volume and great features. Unlike other smaller boxes, the quick-dial mounting hardware will have you set up in no time! Driving this cargo box on your vehicle won't be as noisy thanks to how quiet it stays while going down the road so that's one less thing for you to worry about.
The design of this roof box helps to reduce drag, meaning you won't be hearing your items rolling around or wind whipping against anything.
What makes this a great Acura roof cargo box is that it still offers 12 cubic feet of storage. If you're not ready to commit to the price or size of an extremely large roof cargo box, consider the Yakima RocketBox Pro. and it's conveniently available on amazon. you can see their current prices by clicking here.
- With the help of an assistant, carefully place your package on our crossbars. Open the tailgate to make sure that it will not interfere with your journey when you are driving away!
- open the roof box. Then, slide the plates to line up
the holes in each plate with the mounting location at your front crossbar until they are snug and fit properly on top of one another like a puzzle piece.
- To protect your roof box from water damage,
apply adhesive seals over the four unused mounting holes on
the bottom of the box. Remove it to reveal a new seal and coating that will keep rain out!
- Using isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel, clean the brackets B where small pads will attach. Remove adhesive backings from small pads and attach them to desired spots of bracket Bs.
- Cleaning the four plates where large pads will attach, use isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel. Remove adhesive backing from pads and attach them to the plates.
- The bolt should be inserted through the safety of
the bracket B, and then into the bottom holes. Make sure to
face pads with each other for a strong hold on your roof box!
- Fit one bracket A over the threads of each bolt where
it extends through the roof box. Install a washer over
the threads, and loosely install a knob. Install a
second bolt the same way.
• Install each bracket A so that the right and left
eyelets are positioned directly across from each
• Install bracket B with the slotted end facing
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to install brackets at the other three mounting points.
- With the help of an assistant, carefully place the box on the crossbars. Be aware of the hardware hanging from the bottom of the box.
- Arrange the plate to fit between the box and the crossbars. Swing the slotted end of bracket B around the bolt, and tighten the knobs. Fasten the bolts this way at all four mounting points.
- Insert the straps through the eyelets in each bracket A, and attach each strap together.
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
When it comes to picking the best roof cargo box, you should consider your needs and find a product that will work for you.
If your budget is limited or if you just want something simple, then Thule-Sidekick, SportRack-Vista XL, and YAKIMA - RocketBox Pro, the options may be perfect for you. However, if cost isn’t an issue and durability is what concerns you most about purchasing a roof cargo box, then I would recommend looking into some of our heavier-duty products such as Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box or INNO BRM660WH Wedge Cargo Box.
All in all, there are many great choices when it comes to choosing the right rooftop cargo carrier you just need to know which ones will suit your lifestyle!
Last update on 2022-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API