GoPlus Rooftop Carrier Review
If you're driving an SUV, Van or Sedan and need to transport something on the roof of your car for a long road trip then consider getting one with plenty of space. Your friends will thank me later!
The Goplus Rooftop Carrier is one of the best options when looking to increase the cargo capacity of a car. The thing that caught my eye with this product is that it can be mounted on almost any vehicle without drilling or tools which is convenient when you're in a hurry to get somewhere.
This review will cover all of the features, pros, and cons of this rooftop carrier so you know what to expect before buying one yourself!
What Goplus Rooftop Carrier can Offer
Many types of cargo carriers and baskets are available in the market, but one of the most famous is the hard-shell rooftop carrier because of its commendable features. It's usually the first option for those who love conquering the road and exploring other places. Here's why:
Additional Cargo Space
Obviously, the purpose of rooftop carriers is to provide extra storage for your car to bring all the essential stuff you need on your trip. And GoPlus Rooftop carrier is designed for that purpose offering a 14 cubic feet storage space. It can handle luggage of up to 165 lbs or the equivalent of the stuff of 2 to 4 people. It truly brings more space for your family and friends to enjoy the road trip without worrying about their things bothering them. GoPlus is more on providing the utmost comfort for the passenger and the driver as well.
- Perfect for Road Trip---Take the cargo box to the park, the beach, the sports field, or any place you need to store. Works on all vehicles with rack, suitable for cars, vans, SUVs, etc. Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and has less noise.
- 14 Cubic Feet of Cargo Space---With the large capacity, the roof cargo box can help you securely carry 14 cubic feet worth of essentials, can increase vehicle cargo space without impeding on passenger comfort, more capacity, more pleasure!
- Robust and Security Design---The roof cargo box is designed to withstand heavy use in different types of weather conditions. The metal lid stiffeners at the bottom makes the roof box more stable and safer. With the double-lock design for protecting your valuables. 【Note】This product is suitable for vehicles with rack (the width of the luggage rack is adjusted to between 16.1 inches and 24.8 inches, and the width of the roof crossbar is less than 3.1 inches).
- High Quality Material---The roof box is manufactured from sturdy ABS and PC material for long-lasting use, able to protect your valuables from exposure to the elements and can load 165 lbs capacity, suitable for round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars.
- Easy to Install---The Goplus roof box equipped with 4 quick connect anchors for easy install and super latch security ensures your lid secure to its base, and your gear is safe. Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle to increased efficiency and convenience.【Note: please do not open the openings on both sides at the same time. The key can only be removed after the cover is closed and locked.】
Versatility at its Finest
GoPlus Rooftop Carrier is also famous as a versatile type as it can fit any vehicle with a rack. It comes in with a length of 63", a width of 31" and a height of 15", just the perfect size. However, although it's ideal for almost all cars, it's still essential to check if the size of the cargo box suits the roof of your vehicle perfectly. It should not be longer or wider than your car roof to ensure excellent usage.
Premium Design and Materials
If you're looking for a light yet robust rooftop carrier for your car, GoPlus is just the right brand for you because of its premium built. With a composition of ABS and PC-graded plastic materials, the carrier is perfect for giving you a convenient road journey. It's also combined with sturdy materials that offer robust durability and long-lasting use.
GoPlus is not only about its stylish look but also boasts its availability to secure and protect your belongings from outside elements. In addition, its premium materials make the storage carrier waterproof and can withstand extreme weather and harsh conditions. So, whether you're exploring a wild rainforest or snowy place, the GoPlus rooftop carrier is ready to get you a safe and fun journey.
It also comes in with a dual lock system on both sides to keep your belongings secure inside. Additionally, the metal stiffeners on the bottom of the carrier is another plus for GoPlus as it provides strong support to hold the box strong and steady, which means a more relaxed journey.
Ease of Use
Another feature of the GoPlus carrier that sets it apart from other styles is its easy installation process because of its 4 quick connect anchors. You won't really sweat installing the box on top of your car with those anchors. Moreover, it also offers more convenience regarding accessing the box as it's equipped with a dual side opening. As a result, you don't have to go over the other side just to open the carrier.
One of the most common questions of shoppers looking to buy car carriers is if it's noisy. Well, rooftop carriers can create noise due to the wind and motion of the car. Fortunately, the GoPlus rooftop carrier offers an aerodynamic design, reducing the wind noise it produces.
The color of the rooftop carrier is not much of a big deal, but it can be a factor too. As for the GoPlus rooftop carrier, it's available in three colors such as black, titanium gray, and white. It will be easy to choose the matching color for your car as these three-color options can complement almost all the other colors.
Disadvantages of GoPlus Rooftop Carrier
GoPlus is already perfect for road trips and occasional travels, but it has a few disadvantages that you might want to note before shopping for your car.
Unfortunately, GoPlus Carrier only has one available size on the market, which is 14 cubic meters. So, it's not the best option for those looking for a much bigger or smaller carrier. However, you can try looking for other designs that offer more sizes, like the Thule Motion XT Roof Box.
Not Long Enough
The length of the Goplus box is 63 inches which means that it's not long enough to hold long gears like ski gear. So, it's also important to note that factor before buying a rooftop carrier. But if you're just storing small equipment, this GoPlus carrier is already perfect for your next road trip.
Comparison Table of the GoPlus Rooftop Carrier
What we like: A lightweight box with reasonable price and high-quality materials.
What we don’t: The one size fits all design makes this useless and doesn’t even fit skis
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
Going on a trip can be hassle-free if you have enough storage space on your car, which offers style, durability, security, and long-lasting use. There might be many other designs and styles in the market, but GoPlus Rooftop Carrier can also compete with its excellent features.
However, it still depends on your preference, size you want, car model, and other factors. You can find this stylish-looking and versatile rooftop carrier at amazon.com. Get a nice, comfortable, and convenient travel with enough storage on your car through this Goplus rooftop carrier.
Last update on 2021-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API