Roof Cargo Box For AUDI – Reviews and Comparison
Do you need more space than your Audi automobile currently offers? If so, finding and buying an Audi roof cargo box can be a great solution to this problem.
In case you were unaware, a roof cargo box is something that attaches itself to the top of your automobile. Don’t worry; this item remains securely fastened to your vehicle. This means you’ll never have to worry about it falling off.
With that said, there are a lot of roof boxes available online. Considering that, we completely understand if you need a little help finding the right roof box for your Audi automobile. With a great roof box, you’ll have plenty of storage space and peace of mind.
Before we make things too complicated, let’s take a look at what we’ll cover in this post. In this article, you’ll learn about the top-rated Audi roof cargo boxes. And, because we’re happy you’re here, we’re also going to show you how to install a roof box on an Audi.
The Best Audi roof cargo box Comparison
What Is the Best Roof Cargo Box for Audi Vehicles?
With a deeper understanding of what roof boxes are, it’s now time to choose the right one for your automobile. As you might have already learned, there is an astounding amount of roof cargo boxes on the market.
Fortunately, we’re here to make things much easier for you. Instead of you having to waste hours or days researching roof cargo boxes, we’ve done the hard work for you. Below, you’ll find a list of the best roof cargo boxes for Audi automobiles.
Because this company produces several popular automobiles, we’re also to list the best roof boxes for some of Audi’s most popular cars.
Goplus Rooftop Carrier - A Great Audi Q5 Roof Cargo Box:
- Perfect for Road Trip---Take the cargo box to the park, the beach, the sports field, or any place you need to store. Works on all vehicles with rack, suitable for cars, vans, SUVs, etc. Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and has less noise.
- 14 Cubic Feet Cargo Box with Car Trunk Organizer---With the large capacity, the roof cargo box can help you securely carry 14 cubic feet worth of essentials, can increase vehicle cargo space without impeding on passenger comfort, more capacity, more pleasure! Included trunk organizer comes with 3 different size compartments, 12 side bags which will help you organize sundries with ease.
- Robust and Security Design---The roof cargo box is designed to withstand heavy use in different types of weather conditions. The metal lid stiffeners at the bottom makes the roof box more stable and safer. With the double-lock design for protecting your valuables. 【Note】This product is suitable for vehicles with rack (the width of the luggage rack is adjusted to between 16.1 inches and 24.8 inches, and the width of the roof crossbar is less than 3.1 inches).
- High Quality Material---The roof box is manufactured from sturdy ABS and PC material for long-lasting use, able to protect your valuables from exposure to the elements and can load 165 lbs capacity, suitable for round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars.
- Easy to Install---The Goplus roof box equipped with 4 quick connect anchors for easy install and super latch security ensures your lid secure to its base, and your gear is safe. Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle to increased efficiency and convenience.【Note: please do not open the openings on both sides at the same time. The key can only be removed after the cover is closed and locked.】
We’ll start this list for a great Audi Q5 cargo box. The Audi Q5 is one of this company’s most popular SUVs or sport-utility vehicles. While the space that most SUVs offer (including the Audi Q5) is great, you might need more room. Fortunately, the Goplus Cargo Box Waterproof Rooftop Carrier is here to help.
As you might have read, the Goplus Rooftop Carrier is waterproof. Being waterproof isn’t a quality that all roof boxes share. With your waterproof cargo box from Goplus, you’ll never have to worry about water or snow damaging your important items.
Something our team loved about the Goplus Rooftop Carrier is its 14 cubic feet of space. Because of its ample space and larger size, this roof cargo box is best suited for an SUV like the Audi Q5. Made from ABS thermoplastic, you’ll have peace of mind that your stored items remain secure in this roof box.
This roof cargo box also has several cool safety features. The Goplus Rooftop Cargo Box features metal lid stiffeners. While this might not sound exciting, these stiffeners help make your roof box stable and safe. Another great safety-related feature is the double-lock design of this roof box.
While this item is great at keeping your items secure, Goplus also understands that accessibility is an important concern. This is why this roof box features dual-side openings. With this feature, you and your travel companions should find it easy to quickly access the items you need.
Understandably, no one wants to spend a long time trying to install a new roof cargo box. Fortunately, the Goplus Waterproof Roof Box features items known as quick-connect anchors. With these four anchors, you can properly install and secure your roof box in a matter of minutes.
The Goplus Cargo Roof Box weighs a total of 25 pounds. This item is 63 inches long, 31 inches wide, and 15 inches tall.
Video: Goplus Rooftop Carrier
Video Credit: Goplusuper – Click Here to watch directly on YouTube
INNO Wedge Plus - An Excellent Audi Q7 Cargo Box:
- Innovate spm injection molding
- Quick and easy memory mount hardware
- Diffuser design for quieter drive
- Dual side opening
- Durable 3-layer sheet
Another popular SUV from Audi is the Q7. Considering the popularity of this SUV, we recommend pairing it with an INNO Wedge Plus Cargo Box. One of the standout features of this roof cargo box is its soft inner mat. This roof box’s mat might look simple, but it helps provide an extra layer of security and noise reduction that every driver should enjoy.
Many reviewers also enjoy that the INNO Wedge Plus Cargo Box features an exclusive Memory Mount System. This signature system makes it incredibly easy to install this roof box on top of your Audi Q7. It also features a wide range to slide front, helping to reduce the risk of it making contact with your hatch. It also features a dual-side opening, making it easy for you and your guests to have access to their cargo.
While researching roof cargo boxes, you’ll often see that these items aren’t available in many colors. Fortunately, INNO wanted to offer something different with the Wedge Plus. This is why the INNO Wedge Plus Cargo Box is available in a stylish red color. If you have a red Audi Q7, buying this particular roof box is a no-brainer.
When it comes to keeping your items safe, you’ll enjoy this roof box’s safety key lock system. With this key lock system, you won’t worry about anyone having access to your valuable items. The INNO Wedge Plus also features an aerodynamic design, which helps to reduce wind noise while you’re traveling. Plus, the glossy red finish of this roof box cargo carrier is sure to turn heads wherever you travel.
This roof box weighs a total of 44 lbs. It’s 80 inches long, 33 inches wide, and 13.75 inches tall.
Video: INNO Wedge Plus Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Video Credit: etrailer – Click Here to watch directly on YouTube
JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier - Our #1 Choice for an Audi A4 Cargo Box:
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 39 W x 19-1/2 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from the rear of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
Now, let’s take a look at a roof box cargo carrier that’s better for sedans or coupes. If you’re the owner of an Aud1 A4, consider buying the JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier. This popular and well-reviewed cargo box features 10 total cubic feet of storage volume.
While it’s a little smaller than the previous items in this list, this roof box still has plenty of space and features. The JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier is made from HDPE plastic, providing it with a hard and durable outer coating. Like the Goplus Roof Cargo Box, this item is also waterproof. With a weather-tight seal, you won’t have to worry about anything in this roof box getting wet.
Another great feature of the JEGS Rooftop Carrier is how easy this item is to install. To properly install this roof box on your vehicle, you won’t need any special tools. Instead, all of the mounting hardware you’ll need comes with this product. After following the instructions that come with this roof box, you should have it properly installed in no time.
You’ll also find the JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier features a dual-side opening. As mentioned before, a roof box with a dual-side opening makes it easier for anyone you’re traveling with to access their favorite items.
Compared to most other roof boxes in this list, this item is lighter than most. Only weighing 25 pounds, you probably won’t need someone to help you install this item. The dimensions of the JEGS Rooftop Cargo Box Carrier are 47.5 inches long, 28 inches wide, and 12.5 inches tall.
Video: JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Video Credit:JEGS Performance – Click Here to watch directly on YouTube
Thule Pulse Alpine Roof Box - Your New Favorite Audi A3 Cargo Box:
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 11 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
Not everybody needs or wants the largest roof cargo box on the market. If you need something a little smaller, check out the Thule Pulse Alpine Cargo Box. While small, the Thule Pulse still provides 11 cubic feet of volume. Because of that, this roof box is a great match with the Audi A3.
Many people love the rugged yet aerodynamic design of the Thule Pulse Alpine roof box. This roof box’s fast grip mount means you can install it in minutes. Unlike some of the other roof boxes, the Thule Pulse only opens on one side. If having dual-side openings is important, you might want to check out another roof box.
The Thule Pulse Alpine Roof Box includes a central locking system for maximum safety. Another way that Thule helps keep its customers safe is with its signature Thule Comfort Key. To help ensure your items remain safe while traveling, you can only remove the Thule Comfort Key after every locking point is securely closed.
When it comes to weight, the Thule Pulse Roof Cargo Box weighs 30 lbs. This isn’t the lightest roof box on this list, but it’s also far from the heaviest. The external dimensions of the Thule Pulse Alpine are 88.5 inches wide, 25.5 inches wide, and 12.5 inches tall.
Video: Thule Pulse Alpine Roof Box
Video Credit: rackwarehouse – Click Here to watch directly on YouTube
Thule SideKick Rooftop Cargo Box - Great for Many Audi Vehicles:
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
For something smaller, consider the Thule SideKick Rooftop Cargo Box. The smallest of all roof boxes this item weighs only 3.7 lbs. But it’s capable of providing up to 8 cubic feet of storage volume. Don’t let the small size of this roof box fool you. The Thule SideKick is an incredibly useful roof cargo box.
The Thule SideKick features U-bolts that include adjustable brackets and reinforcement plates. These previously mentioned features make it easy to install this roof cargo box on almost any Audi vehicle. Plus, you’ll also enjoy the incredibly short amount of time it takes to install this item.
This roof cargo box has a passenger-side opening that makes it easy to load and unload your items. You’ll also enjoy the Thule SideKick’s sturdy hinges that make this item easy to open and close. The Thule SideKick features a gray top and a black bottom. This roof box also has two locks to provide you with peace of mind while you’re on the road.
The Thule SideKick is 54 inches long, 25 inches wide, and 15.5 inches tall. As we mentioned, this roof box isn’t the biggest of the bunch. However, the sturdy design and fast installation times this box offers makes it a great pick for anyone needing a little more space.
Video: Thule SideKick Rooftop Cargo Box
Video Credit: orsracksdirect – Click Here to watch directly on YouTube
How To Install a Cargo Box on an Audi:
Fortunately, we’re here to help you out. Below, you’ll find step-by-step instructions for how to properly install a cargo box on an Audi.
Step 1: It's important to separate the roof box and equipment from any included tools that you'll need. Also, make sure that you keep all of your screws handy.
Step 2: Now, you'll want to get your crossbars handy. If you don't have a set of crossbars for an Audi, we have a few recommendations for you.
For Audi Q5 crossbars, you'll want to check out MotorFansClub Roof Racks for an Audi Q5. These roof racks are compatible with most Audi Q5 years and models. There are also crossbars made by MotorFansClub for the Audi Q7, which you can check out here.
Step 3: The next step is to take your crossbars and secure them to the top of your Audi. The exact way to do this will vary based on what type of crossbars you have. However, most of them should easily attach to your roof rails after screwing them in.
Step 4: It's now time to set and secure your roof box to the top of your Audi. With the crossbars already attached, this part should be fairly easy. If you're unable to safely move your roof box to the top of your Audi, consider having someone help you. It shouldn't take more than two people to do this.
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
there are several great types of roof cargo boxes for Audi automobiles. We hope that this list helps you choose the right type of roof box for your vehicle. If you enjoyed this look at the best Audi roof cargo boxes, check out theroofboxes.com. On this website, you’ll find expert reviews, how-to guides, and much more from our team of roof box experts.
Last update on 2023-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API