Acura TLX Roof Box– Reviews and Comparison
If you're looking for the best Acura TLX roof box to fit your Acura TLX, then this is the article for you.
We have reviewed and compared a number of different products that will help you decide which one is the right choice.
It's been designed with space efficiency in mind so it fits on most cars without being too large or heavy. You'll also find some reviews from people who are currently using these boxes to see how they've worked out for them over time.
Whether it's for your next camping trip or just because you like traveling light, this guide will help make your decision easier.
Check out our handy comparison chart below so that you can see which one is right for you! Let's go!
Best Acura TLX Roof Box: Comparison
Best Acura TLX Roof Box: Review
1. Thule Sidekick Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Sidekick is perfect for carrying small loads of camping gear, or golf clubs. It features a narrow but sturdy build that will allow room on the roof rack to put other accessories!
The passenger-side opening makes loading and unloading your goods easy as can be - meaning you get out on the road faster than ever before!
and when you're done with it, two locks are available to keep your items safe from both thieves and bad weather alike.
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
2. The JEGS 90098K3 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
The JEGS rooftop cargo carrier is the best way to securely protect items that need to be transported while also enhancing fuel efficiency and safety. The 57L x 38 1/2W x 17 3/4H inches of HDPE plastic will carry up to 18 cubic ft.
of gear on your car roof, keeping it dry and safe from theft or harsh weather conditions—all with a water-proof storage compartment for when you're traveling through inclement territory!
It has an aerodynamic design as well as four easy loading corners which come equipped with all hardware needed for mounting onto any vehicle's top rack; perfect if you want something heavy duty but don't have time (or space) in your garage!
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 39 W x 19-1/2 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from the rear of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box
Thule Force XT provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space, doubles your cargo capacity, and turns your car into the ultimate utility vehicle.
Ready to take on any adventure with room for skis as tall as 175 cm and snowboards up to 135 cm. Capacity: 8 pairs of skis/4 snowboards (up to 178cm) or 5-6 pairs of ski boots (up to 135cm).
The rear tray features a patented clip system that quickly secures rooftop racks in place without tools.
the patent-pending Double Lock feature prevents tearing on both sides that could compromise loading ability during travel over uneven terrain. see full review
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
4. The Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier is perfect for any upcoming adventure! With 16, 18, or 22 cu.
ft of flexible space and dual-side opening to access from either side of the car, this minimalistic rooftop cargo carrier gives you optimal packing space efficiency with sleek aerodynamics in mind.
Whether it be 5 pairs of skis/3 snowboards, you can stack away your gear without taking up too much room in the vehicle while maintaining a safe load capacity at 165 pounds so that you don't have to worry about balance both handles when loading on top. see full review
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
5. SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box
The SportRack SR7018 Vista XL is a rooftop cargo box that can be attached to virtually any loading system.
Sporting 18 cubic feet of space, the Vistas’ angled design and durable ABS plastic make it perfect for satisfying your needs without making too much noise or attracting attention.
Though their products are only compatible with certain vehicles, SportRack’s U-bolt attachments can grow with you as they offer quick release capabilities—allowing the user to transport gear up to 66 pounds!
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
Acura TLX Roof Box INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- With the help of an assistant, carefully place your package on our crossbars. Open the tailgate to make sure that it will not interfere with your journey when you are driving away!
- open the roof box. Then, slide the plates to line up
the holes in each plate with the mounting location at your front crossbar until they are snug and fit properly on top of one another like a puzzle piece.
- To protect your roof box from water damage,
apply adhesive seals over the four unused mounting holes on
the bottom of the box. Remove it to reveal a new seal and coating that will keep rain out!
- Using isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel, clean the brackets B where small pads will attach. Remove adhesive backings from small pads and attach them to desired spots of bracket Bs.
- Cleaning the four plates where large pads will attach, use isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel. Remove adhesive backing from pads and attach them to the plates.
- The bolt should be inserted through the safety of
the bracket B, and then into the bottom holes. Make sure to
face pads with each other for a strong hold on your roof box!
- Fit one bracket A over the threads of each bolt where
it extends through the roof box. Install a washer over
the threads, and loosely install a knob. Install a
second bolt the same way.
• Install each bracket A so that the right and left
eyelets are positioned directly across from each
• Install bracket B with the slotted end facing
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to install brackets at the other three mounting points.
- With the help of an assistant, carefully place the box on the crossbars. Be aware of the hardware hanging from the bottom of the box.
- Arrange the plate to fit between the box and the crossbars. Swing the slotted end of bracket B around the bolt, and tighten the knobs. Fasten the bolts this way at all four mounting points.
- Insert the straps through the eyelets in each bracket A, and attach each strap together.
The Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box is the best Acura TLX roof box because it has a lifetime warranty, it's water resistant and waterproof, durable construction for heavy loads, easy installation on many vehicle types.
It also comes with an integrated key lock to provide you with some peace of mind when loading your cargo into this rooftop cargo carrier.
We hope that our review helps you find the right roof top cargo carrier for your needs! If not, let us know what more information or help that we can provide in order to assist you in finding one that will work just perfect for your situation. Let’s talk soon!
Last update on 2022-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API