Acura RDX Roof Box– Reviews and Comparison
The Acura RDX is a reliable and versatile SUV, and the best roof box for it will be one that can fit all of your needs.
Whether you are looking to pack up your camping gear or need something to transport your luggage on vacation, there is an Acura RDX roof box out there for you.
If you have ever dreamed of traveling the world, this vehicle will give you an adventure to remember. However, if your travels are in North America and Europe then all your luggage may not fit into the trunk or backseat of your car.
That's where a roof box comes in handy! They provide additional storage space on top of your car so you can store bulky items like Golf club, snowboards, kayaks and other large objects.
With so many options available it can be difficult to choose which one best suits your needs; fortunately we've done all the work for you with our Roof Box Reviews and Comparison blog post!
Best Acura RDX Roof Box: A Comparison
Best Acura RDX Roof Box: A Review
1. The Thule Pulse Rooftop Cargo Box
The Pulse rooftop cargo box is designed for maximum versatility, with a universal mounting system that accommodates most vehicle interiors and more space than any other roof box on the market.
Tow your gear on long trips to get anywhere worth going. The ever-expanding possibilities are endless: take a short drive across town or head off cross-country if you're carrying everything you need on board, it doesn't matter where you go.
All your gear, snowboards, luggage and whatnot won't fit in the back seat? Got a garage full of stuff you don't want showing up at your friends' place? Need to haul skis on the roof of your car without risking losing them when going around that tricky corner? Fear not! We've got tons of storage options for all your needs. see full review
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 14 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
2. The JEGS 90098K3 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
The JEGS rooftop cargo carrier is the best way to securely protect items that need to be transported. It’s 57L x 38 1/2W x 17 3/4H inches of HDPE plastic and will carry up to 18 cubic ft.
of gear on your car roof, keeping it dry and safe from theft or harsh weather conditions. It also has aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency and includes water-proof storage as well as an easy loading system in the four corners; all hardware included for mounting
For those stressful days that come from moving across town in rush hour traffic, the four corner locking system and front latch are engineered to keep your stuff safe and dry through whatever weather mother nature might present.
- SECURE & PROTECT YOUR GEAR in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell car top cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 39 W x 19-1/2 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- WATERPROOF STORAGE FOR YOUR LUGGAGE with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- EASY & CONVENIENT LOADING AND UNLOADING from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED, EASY ASSEMBLY AND INSTALLATION. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- MADE IN USA, LIMITED LIFETIME GUARANTEE. The JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Force XT rooftop cargo box is a versatile and spacious roof-mounted cargo box, perfect for packing up on your next family vacation.
This roof-box assembles quickly to securely attach to recreational vehicles with its quick-mount system, giving you peace of mind knowing it's secured tight and ready for use.
With space efficiency in mind this large capacity cargo area provides outsize storage for everyday outdoor activities such as camping or the occasional mountain biking outing.
Full trunk access ensures these adventure days remain just that - adventurous; no heart palpitations while attempting to cram everything into your vehicle or worrying about damaging delicate items which are unsafe when hitched on a carrier. see full review
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
4. The Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
Step up your game during winter with the Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier. This rooftop carrier is designed to give you 22 cubic feet of additional packing space for all your gear, from skis and snowboards to camping equipment.
Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted so that each trip you take can be more successful and less hassle. Dual-side opening means quick access from either side of the car, while easy-to-open/close lid supports make transporting goods a cinch.
Plus this cargo carter also features full trunk access - meaning no roofbox contact! see full review
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
5. SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box
Sick of stinking trunks and luggage when you're on the go? The Sportrack SR7018 Vista XL cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of waterproof storage space that the whole group can access without fumbling for a key.
It also has an angled design so it slices through the air and is resistant to impact strikes - not like other golfing equipment boxes which may come with their own set of risks!
This durable ABS plastic construction will keep your gear safe in any amount, as well as won't rust or corrode with UV rays. With this cargo box from SportRack, there's no need to ever load anything up into your trunk again!
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
Acura RDX Roof Box INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- With the help of an assistant, carefully place your package on our crossbars. Open the tailgate to make sure that it will not interfere with your journey when you are driving away!
- open the roof box. Then, slide the plates to line up
the holes in each plate with the mounting location at your front crossbar until they are snug and fit properly on top of one another like a puzzle piece.
- To protect your roof box from water damage,
apply adhesive seals over the four unused mounting holes on
the bottom of the box. Remove it to reveal a new seal and coating that will keep rain out!
- Using isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel, clean the brackets B where small pads will attach. Remove adhesive backings from small pads and attach them to desired spots of bracket Bs.
- Cleaning the four plates where large pads will attach, use isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel. Remove adhesive backing from pads and attach them to the plates.
- The bolt should be inserted through the safety of
the bracket B, and then into the bottom holes. Make sure to
face pads with each other for a strong hold on your roof box!
- Fit one bracket A over the threads of each bolt where
it extends through the roof box. Install a washer over
the threads, and loosely install a knob. Install a
second bolt the same way.
• Install each bracket A so that the right and left
eyelets are positioned directly across from each
• Install bracket B with the slotted end facing
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to install brackets at the other three mounting points.
- With the help of an assistant, carefully place the box on the crossbars. Be aware of the hardware hanging from the bottom of the box.
- Arrange the plate to fit between the box and the crossbars. Swing the slotted end of bracket B around the bolt, and tighten the knobs. Fasten the bolts this way at all four mounting points.
- Insert the straps through the eyelets in each bracket A, and attach each strap together.
for more info about installations check out the Acura guidelines
When selecting a Acura RDX roof box for your, it’s important to find one that fits the needs of you and your family.
The Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box has a sleek design with plenty of storage space for your gear, while the JEGS Rooftop Cargo has one of the lowest prices on this list--making it ideal if you're looking for a cheaper option.
We hope this article has helped you compare different types of cargo boxes in order to determine which option is best suited for you.
If not or if there are any questions about roof loading carriers we didn't address, please let us know!
Our team specializes in helping customers select from all available options so they can get exactly what they need with minimal effort on their part.
Last update on 2021-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API