Acura ILX Roof Box– Reviews and Comparison
Are you looking for the best Acura ILX roof box? This post has everything you need to know, including reviews and comparisons of the top five products on the market.
It's a great resource whether you're new to buying a car roof box or just want more information before purchasing one!
Whether it's for your next camping trip or just because you like traveling light, this guide will help make your decision easier.
By the end of this post, not only will you have an idea of what's available on the market today but also how to choose which product is right for you!
Check out our handy comparison chart below so that you can see which one is right for you! Let's go!
Best Acura ILX Roof Box: A Comparison
Best Acura ILX Roof Box: A Review
1. Thule Sidekick Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Sidekick is perfect for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs. It features a narrow but sturdy build that allows room for other roof mounted accessories.
You can use the passenger-side opening to load and unload your goods with ease, so you get out on the road faster than ever before!
And when you're done with it, you'll have two locks on hand to keep your items safe and protect them from the elements.
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
2. The JEGS 90098K3 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
If you need storage for a weekend getaway, a crossover truck adventure, or even outfitting your four-wheeler with overflow supplies, then the JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier is the perfect solution.
You can load up more than 100 pounds of cargo at 18 cubic feet that can hold virtually anything you think to put inside.
It’s made from only high-quality materials - an HDPE plastic hard shell and UV resistant polyester liner fabric that protects what you carry on your car against inclement weather such as rain and snow to ensure nothing gets wet when driving in adverse weather conditions!
Yes, this means full security with locking systems all around so no one who wants to steal some of your goods will be able to do so
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 39 W x 19-1/2 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from the rear of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Force XT rooftop cargo box is a versatile and spacious roof-mounted cargo box, perfect for packing up on your next family vacation.
This roof-box assembles quickly to securely attach to recreational vehicles with its quick-mount system, giving you peace of mind knowing it's secured tight and ready for use.
With space efficiency in mind this large capacity cargo area provides outsize storage for everyday outdoor activities such as camping or the occasional mountain biking outing.
Full trunk access ensures these adventure days remain just that - adventurous; no heart palpitations while attempting to cram everything into your vehicle or worrying about damaging delicate items which are unsafe when hitched on a carrier. see full review
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
4. The Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier has 16, 18, 22 cu. ft. of flexible packing space that's easy to load, store, and carry with you on your next ski road trip.
With dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car and a lid automatically locks in place when closed, this minimalistic rooftop cargo carrier is created for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics.
Made for big adventures, you can stack away 5-7 pairs of skis or 3-5 snowboards in just one trip without having to take your entire vehicle! It has a safe load capacity of 165 pounds, so get balance both handle with confidence. see full review
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
5. SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box
The Sportrack SR7018 Vista XL cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of waterproof storage space that the whole group can access without fumbling for a key.
It also has an angled design so it slices through the air and is resistant to impact strikes - not like other golfing equipment boxes which may come with their own set of risks! This durable ABS plastic construction will keep your gear safe in any amount, as well as won't rust or corrode with UV rays.
With this luggage carrier from SportRack, there's no need to ever load anything up into your trunk again!
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
Here’s a video generalized installation guideline:
Acura ILX Roof Box INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- With the help of an assistant, carefully place your package on our crossbars. Open the tailgate to make sure that it will not interfere with your journey when you are driving away!
- open the roof box. Then, slide the plates to line up
the holes in each plate with the mounting location at your front crossbar until they are snug and fit properly on top of one another like a puzzle piece.
- To protect your roof box from water damage,
apply adhesive seals over the four unused mounting holes on
the bottom of the box. Remove it to reveal a new seal and coating that will keep rain out!
- Using isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel, clean the brackets B where small pads will attach. Remove adhesive backings from small pads and attach them to desired spots of bracket Bs.
- Cleaning the four plates where large pads will attach, use isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel. Remove adhesive backing from pads and attach them to the plates.
- The bolt should be inserted through the safety of
the bracket B, and then into the bottom holes. Make sure to
face pads with each other for a strong hold on your roof box!
- Fit one bracket A over the threads of each bolt where
it extends through the roof box. Install a washer over
the threads, and loosely install a knob. Install a
second bolt the same way.
• Install each bracket A so that the right and left
eyelets are positioned directly across from each
• Install bracket B with the slotted end facing
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to install brackets at the other three mounting points.
- With the help of an assistant, carefully place the box on the crossbars. Be aware of the hardware hanging from the bottom of the box.
- Arrange the plate to fit between the box and the crossbars. Swing the slotted end of bracket B around the bolt, and tighten the knobs. Fasten the bolts this way at all four mounting points.
- Insert the straps through the eyelets in each bracket A, and attach each strap together.
There are many different options to choose from when shopping for a roof box. The best Acura ILX Roof Box will depend on your needs and budget, but the difference between these five is minimal so it's much more important to focus on what you need than which one has the cheapest price tag.
When looking at cost, think about how often you'll be using this cargo carrier in order to determine whether or not an expensive upfront investment would be worth it over time.
If you're thinking about getting into rally racing then by all means get the Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box because of its additional security features that make this rooftop cargo carrier perfect for transporting valuable equipment around quickly with little worry that anything might happen!
Last update on 2023-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API